Thursday, January 14, 2010

Lost tooth and Speech Therapy

On our trip back from Utah, Paige lost her first tooth! It was on January 3rd we had just finished eating dinner in Elko and Paige asked if there was a bone or something stuck in her teeth. When I examined her mouth I told her that her toother was loose and almost ready to come out. I wiggled it a bit, but it wasn't quite ready. I told her that it would probably take a little while still for it to come out. We got back in the car and within 5 minutes she had wiggled and pulled her first tooth out!!! She was so excited. Then after a few minutes she started to cry. I asked her what was wrong and she said, "I don't want to have to go to speech therapy!" Mommy: What are you talking about? Paige: When kids can't talk properly our teacher makes them go to speech. Mommy: Paige, you can talk properly. Paige: No, I can't say my "s" properly because I lost a tooth. My teacher taught us the all I want for Christmas song and when you lose your 2 front teeth you can't talk right. Mommy: Paige, honey, you will be fine. (I actually had to have her talk to Nana so that she would be comforted that she wouldn't have to go to speech). She was happy when she found the 4 quarters that the tooth fairy left. When she woke we were in a hotel and it looked as if the tooth fairy might have forgotten to leave the money, but after she took a quick trip to the potty, mommy helped her find it under a near by pillow. *wink*

No comments: